Yields: 15-16 rice balls
- 70 gram glutinous rice flour
- 35 grams tapioca flour
- 25 grams sugar
- 1 drop of Koepoe Koepoe Pandan Flavouring into 60ml of water, stirred
- 60g freshly grated coconut
- A pinch of salt
- A tablespoon of water
- Palm sugar
- In a bowl, mix the water and salt with the freshly grated coconut. Steam the freshly grated coconut for approximately 15 minutes.
- Mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour, sugar and Koepoe Koepoe Pandan flavoured water to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 15-16 rice balls.
- Flatten each dough and wrap a small piece of palm sugar in it. Ensure that the dough is not too thin as it will crack and the palm sugar will flow out.
- Put the wrapped rice balls into a pot of boiling water. Once the rice balls float, they are cooked.
- Dish the rice balls out and coat them with the freshly grated coconut and serve.
Products Featured In This Recipe