Yields: 12 cupcakes
- 60g unsalted butter
- 120g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Koepoe Koepoe red food colouring
- ½ teaspoon Koepoe Koepoe vanilla flavouring
- 120ml buttermilk
- 128g all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Koepoe Koepoe baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon white vinegar
Cream cheese frosting:
- 115g butter
- 115g cream cheese, room temperature
- 250g powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Koepoe Koepoe vanilla flavouring
- Preheat oven to 175degrees Celcius and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Cream butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs gradually and beat until well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, mix together cocoa powder, Koepoe Koepoe vanilla flavouring and Koepoe Koepoe red food colouring to make a paste. Mix this into the batter until combined.
- Add half the buttermilk and flour alternately and beat until smooth. Then, add the vinegar, Koepoe Koepoe baking soda and salt and beat on low speed.
- Divide the batter evenly and bake for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- For the frosting, whisk butter and cream cheese on high speed. Then slowly add the icing sugar and beat until all is incorporated. Add in Koepoe Koepoe vanilla flavouring and mix until combined.
Products Featured In This Recipe